“If my ego became so big that it became a detriment to who I am as a human being, then I would walk away from it.” – Regina Hall
Regina Hall is best known for her sexy character Candy in the popular movie “The Best Man” and her funny character Brenda in the comedy-horror spoof sequels, “Scary Movie”. But here are a few things you probably didn’t know about the Single actress:
- She’s a native of Washington, D.C.
- Hall graduated from New York University in 1997 with a Master’s degree in Journalism. She didn’t start her acting career until the age 26, when she starred in a commercial.
- Around 2004, Hall’s mother was diagnosed with scleroderma, a rare autoimmune disease. The actress regularly volunteers to raise awareness about the disease.
- She’s no stranger to the small screen. Her television career initially began with a role on the soap opera “Loving”. She also played the character Coretta Lipp on the popular prime-time drama Ally McBeal and made an appearance on the show “Law and Order L.A.”
- She won the 2003 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Ally McBeal).
Although she hasn’t settled down just yet, Hall has been spotted out on the dating scene. On marriage, she’s quoted as hopeful but isn’t stressing it for now.
“I’d love to raise a son. I think I’d like to offer the world an amazing black man. But then again, I try my best not to think about it too much, because what can I do about it? It is something that’s important to me though, and something that I pray can be a part of my journey here,” she said.
Good luck, Regina!