By Stacia Pierce
Pursuing your dreams can have its challenges and sometimes be very emotional. Especially when life demands that you Be on-ready to engage at peak performance all the time. While you can’t always control what happens to you, you can control how you respond to it. The best way to rise from life’s low points is to act like a winner at all times. Seek to create a positive environment for yourself and you’ll begin to become more motivated to achieve your dreams and goals. Here are nine ways be on and stay on—in the midst of a personal crisis.
- Start your day with meditation. Meditation can be a life-changing force. Clear your mind by taking 15-20 minues each day to focus on your dreams and goals. Get in tune with your inner spirit and allow yourself to hear divine ideas and instructions that are meant for you. The act of solitude can solve many problems. For example, when I was going through a rough divorce in my 20s, I would rise early and escape to my sweet spot where I just cleanse my mind of negative thoughts and visualize a happy future with my new husband, successful career and happy family.My time of meditation boosted my confidence and provoked me to pursue my dream life. I started a new business, wrote a book and remarried within a year.
- Dress up everyday. Instead of opting for a default look that screams, “I give up!” Create a habit of looking your absolute best everyday. When you look good, you feel good—it’s an instant mood shifter. Put on your best outfit and walk out with your head high and shoulders back. Things may be awry with your bank account balance, but you don’t have to look like it.
Well-dressed people demand respect. Your appearance educates others on how to treat you. Dressing up is also a fun and simple way to attract preferential treatment effortlessly. You’ll find that people will speak to you more, smile at you, open the door for you, etc. All of these little moments can be received as positive reinforcement. (Which is just what you need when your experiencing personal problems)
- When Problems arise, Keep Calm and carry on. Learn to have a disaster faster. Get over problems quickly. Don’t allow your emotions to arrest you and hold you captive. Take charge against emotional breakdowns by pausing and breathing deeply. While it’s natural to want to throw a tantrum when problems arise, it’s more beneficial to stay calm and redirect your thoughts from focusing on the problem to finding a solution.
- 4. Detox from unhealthy relationships. Relationships are like elevators; they are either taking you up or bringing you down. One of the success secrets to staying on is getting rid of toxic relationships, ones who drain, complain and fill your space with negativity. Sometimes, we tolerate toxic relationships for the sake of loyalty. However, you must consider at what cost are you holding on? Consider how you feel after you’ve met with the person. Consider your conversation, do you share uplifting meaningful banter or is all just gossip and complaints?
The right relationships are important to living happy and achieving your dreams and goals. Surround yourself with “get it people”, who celebrate and not tolerate you. You need great relationships with other go-getters who are success seekers like yourself.
- Tune into great expectations. Your life experiences are directly related to your train of thought. Right now you’re getting as many opportunities as you think you can have. You’re making just the amount of money you really believe you can. To break into the dream life you’ve been wishing for, you must start thinking, believing and speaking like you’re already living it. It’s called acting “as if” your dream life has already manifested.In my office, we have a saying, “If anything can go well, it will!” Create a daily list of what you want to accomplish. Imagine yourself having already achieved your daily goals. Give thanks for your success and go about your day expecting it to happen for you. Expect good things to happen for you and you’ll see that more good will come your way!
- Fill up on Inspiration. Read and listen to positive information throughout your day. If you fill your mind with uplifting and inspiring information, it will keep you motivated. Go to the bookstore or library today and find at least one book on a positive topic that will give you a boost. You need constant reminders telling you that you are capable of achievement. Information changes the seasons of your life. Saturate your mind with specific information to shift your thinking and go to new level. For a season, I earnestly studied financial books, magazines and audio programs things dealing with wealth to shift out of just earning an average income. One good motivational program will not be enough to carry you the distance. This is why you should make time in your day to listen to new information for at least one hour.
- Replay your success stories. Oftentimes we forget how far we’ve come and the successes we’ve already accomplished. Designate a token of achievement that you can carry with you to remind yourself that you are a winner. It doesn’t matter if it is big or small. Go back and look at your trophies, certificates, a special note of congratulations or anything that will keep you motivated when you are facing tough life moments.
- Keep a Journal. Journaling is a creative release that can prevent burnout. Keep different journals for ideas, for general notes, for your lists and for reflection and to track your progress. It is good to spend just a few minutes in the morning or at night writing down your thoughts to clear your head and to plan for the next day. Journaling at night helps you sleep better. You can rest well without nagging feelings of unfinished business, or looming projects swirling around in your head at night. Simply drain your brain on paper, sort through your ideas, create plans and when you’re done, close the book.
- Use Goal Cards to Focus on your desires. To stay on target, you must focus on your goals. When you focus on what’s possible, your passion to accomplish goals will increase dramatically. Goal cards make this process very simple. A 2009 Social Cognition research review shows people who review and visualize goals are more apt to manifest what they see.
Write your goal in simple terms and put it where you can see it often. I created goal cards to help my clients focus on a task until it is accomplished. With the cards, you can write your objective, add a representative photo and write positive affirmations so that you have a good visual to meditate on.
When you become agitated with life issues, take a moment to think about your goals. Set your sights on your future instead of your present. Allow yourself mentally go to a better place of accomplishment and fulfillment. Replay your success in your mind, instead of your problems.
An infectious, positive attitude can guard your heart and mind from breaking down during tumultuous times. Sometimes, in order to be on, we have to put on the smile even when we don’t feel like it. However, purposefully infusing your life with a positive perspective will keep you motivated and eliminate all negative sources out of your life. You’ll be cool and confident when the fire is blazing high, knowing that things will get better soon.
Stacia Pierce is life coach, career expert and the CEO of Ultimate Lifestyle Enterprises based in Orlando, FL. Stacia is committed to empowering women around the world to live their dream life and excel in their dream career. She’s affectionately known as the whole-life coach because she helps you tighten the unraveled loose ends of your life and discover your true self so you can give one hundred percent to your career, family and personal life.
She has contributed to various national media outlets and hosts an annual conference, The Women’s Success Conference. Stacia was also a top winner on Oprah’s OWN Network contest with 7.6 million votes. You can find out more about Stacia on her website.