Actress Janeane Garofolo is probably the funniest Single and fabulous woman on our “It Girl” list! Her one-of-a-kind humor and unapologetic approach to expressing her opinions has taken her to some interesting places, to say the least. Here are 6 intriguing facts about the funny woman:
1. Janeane has degrees in History and American Studies from Providence College.
2. Although she grew up in a very conservative home, Janeane is now liberal and a staunch feminist.
3. Janeane describes herself as asexual. “I don’t have a fear of intimacy, I have sort of a genuine lack of interest”, adding jokingly, “which is not good for my boyfriend of ten years”.
4. Garofalo joined the cast of Saturday Night Live but left after only six months, saying that the experience left her “anxious and depressed” and that she considered the gig “the most miserable experience of [her] life.”
5. Janeane married Robert Cohen, a writer for The Ben Stiller Show, in 1991, as a joke. Although Janeane didn’t think it was legal because it was not filed at a local courthouse, the marriage was indeed valid. It was dissolved in 2012 when Cohen tried to marry someone else.
6. Garofalo turned down the role of Gale Weathers in Wes Craven’s Scream because she thought the film would be too violent: “I said I didn’t want to be in a movie where a teen girl was disemboweled. I didn’t know it turned out so good, and it was a funny movie.”